Pages

February 1, 2014

If in February there be no rain 'tis neither good for hay nor grain - Proverb for February 1


As I come to February 1 in the "World's Greatest Proverbs" daily calendar we come to the proverb "If in February there be no rain 'tis neither good for hay nor grain".  This proverb means just what it says, that if there is no rain in February then the hay and grain will not do well later in the growing season.  Since I'm looking for practical lessons from these proverbs I have to consider what I can take from this proverb since on its own there isn't much I can do with this.  I suppose the main take away from this proverb is that in various areas of our life, it is good to have a strong head start.  Some practical examples of this would be do well at school to have a good work career or that being there for your kids when they are young will benefit them as they grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.