Pages

January 28, 2014

Speak not of my debts unless you mean to pay them - Proverb for January 28


The proverb "Speak not of my debts unless you mean to pay them" is meant to be taken quite literally and was simply meant that we should not speak of the debts of someone else unless we mean to pay them. After considering this proverb I think this proverb can take on a much larger meaning.

This proverb can apply to so many other situations where people seem to have no problems criticizing us but fail to provide anything constructive or helpful. It's easy to bring people down but if we don't offer any help or guidance then we are better off not saying anything at all.

I will certainly consider this proverb more in the future before I speak about someone else in a negative manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.